Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A NEW MEMBER TO THE GARCIA FAMILY

Say hello to Otis! He is the newest member to our little family. He is a 11 week old Catahoula Lab mix. He's been a lot of work these last three weeks, but we wouldn't have it any other way. I had never heard of this breed before. You can read more about Catahoulas here.

Getting Otis felt like it was meant to be. We went to the Puppy Barn in American Fork and saw him there first. The Puppy Barn, as you might imagine, only sell puppies. We were just looking around, with no actual intentions of buying. I petted a few puppies and even played with Otis for a few minutes. It wasn't long before we saw a couple adopt him. We even saw his picture posted on their Facebook page.

Two days later I was looking at listings when I spotted Otis... again! I double checked and sure enough it was him. The couple who adopted him weren't able to keep him and were selling him online. We decided to text them only to be disappointed. There were already two people who were interested. Because we couldn't meet them earlier we were sure we wouldn't be able to get him. Luckily they texted us within the hour offering to hold him for us after all. We picked him up the next evening and I'm absolutely in love. He's the craziest yet cutest little thing.





He has a brindle coat that is so fluffy. The nurses at the vet's office went crazy when they saw him. He's such a stud! He reminds me of a teddy bear. This last week though he has started to loose the down, soft, fluffy, coat and I'm absolutely devastated. He's super smart and sassy. This is probably ridiculous but I love carrying him like my little morning. He's our little Otis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment!