Saturday, January 3, 2015

3 PLACES TO VISIT IN LA


Have you have you ever been to Los Angeles? Whether it's your first visit or you're a frequent visitor there's always something to do in LA. Kevin was born in LA and my grandma lived in LA. We used to visit all the time as a kid. I think that's why it will always have a special place in my heart. In fact, I can't wait for our next trip. Check out a few of our favorite places below.


This has to be my favorite place! We went to Griffith Park two years ago. I love the art deco style of the observatory. It's nestled right in the hills of LA. The observatory is at the very top but there is a park at the bottom. Once you get to the top you can see the LA skyline and the Hollywood sign. Inside there are a ton of displays from a Tesla coil to the periodic table of elements. The best part it's all free.

Casa de Garcia-Griffith Park Observatory

I first came here in fifth grade. My mom had to go to a conference for work in Los Angeles. While she was there my dad took my siblings and I sightseeing. This is the oldest part of downtown LA. It's an eclectic little few blocks with tons of history and culture. You'll find old buildings restaurants, vendors, and Pico House. It was once the swankiest hotel in Southern California. Like I said I'm a sucker for anything historical. Kevin and I tried to go but it was too early and the shops hadn't opened yet. It's definitely a must see.

Casa de Garcia-Pico House at Olvera Street
Welcome to muscle beach. I first came here two years ago with Kevin and his cousins. I didn't know this but it's just south of the Santa Monica Pier. I've seen Venice beach in countless movies and now I see why. It's packed with street performers, vendors, tourists, body builders, and pretty much everyone else. Check it out.

Casa de Garcia-Venice Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment!