Friday, June 17, 2016

LEON BRIDGES AT THE DEPOT

Casa de Garcia-Leon Bridges at The Depot Salt Lake City

Last month we went to see Leon Bridges at The Depot in Salt Lake. I haven't been to many concerts but this one was one of my favorites! Leon Bridges is from Fort Worth, Texas. He's a vintage, soulful, gospel-like artist. I first heard him on Apple Radio and I loved him immediately. I love his whole album but some of my favorites are Coming Home, Smooth Sailin', Better Man, There She Goes, and River. If you haven't heard of him you seriously need to check him out! Click here to see his music and videos.

Anyway, when I first heard him I looked him up. That was probably last fall. He had a few tour dates in the states and several in Europe. Many of the dates overseas were sold out. Tickets for Salt Lake went on sale in October. Kevin got us tickets for my birthday in January and at some point, they sold out. We drove up to Salt Lake and had an hour and a half to kill. We got some dinner and got in line outside the venue. Just before we got inside Kevin spotted an old friend and his wife. He joined us in line and we went in together.
Casa de Garcia-Leon Bridges The Depot Marquee

Once we got inside we went to the second floor and got some drinks. Drinks were only allowed on the second floor so we found the closest spot to the stage. We got seats on the far right side of the stage. Solo Woods opened for Leon and was amazing. I had never heard of him until that day. I also recommend you check out his music. 

Leon performed every song from his album and even a few  new ones. He's a great performer and the atmosphere was great. It was an all ages show and you could definitely see that. There were kids, teenagers, young and old adults. Everyone was singing and dancing along. Check out these short clips from the show.

Casa de Garcia-Leon Bridges playing the guitar at the Complex in Salt Lake
Casa de Garcia-Leon Bridges performing at the Complex in Salt Lake
Casa de Garcia-Leon Bridges singing at the Complex in Salt Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment!