Friday, December 6, 2013

LA CEVECHERIA ON PICO

Concha Negra (Bloody Ceviche)
Mariscada CaribeƱa

Tres Leches
La Cevecheria on Pico Boulevard in Los Angeles was amazing. Kevin's aunt knows the owner and invited us to lunch. My parents grew up in a port town and they have always loved seafood. I ate it a lot more when I was younger and didn't always enjoy the octopus or calamari. I've probably only had seafood a couple times a year. 

Kevin ordered the the Concha Negra. I'll admit the darker name and the fact it was ceviche didn't necessarily attract my attention. I have never been a fan of ceviche anyway but this was delicious.The Mariscada was hearty, it had some spice and warmth that I really needed that day. Our dessert was a slice of tres leches cake. I would say it's like a yellow or white cake that is prepared with a mixture of regular milk, condensed, and evaporated milk. When I make it I'll poke holes in the cake and pour over the tres leches. The longer it sits the more the cake soaks up. It's not mushy, or messy, just heavenly.

I'm no connoisseur, but I found a great review for the place that does La Cevicheria justice. You can find it here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment!