Monday, July 8, 2013

JOURNEY INTO THE WEST

I had an inkling to look over old photos and the timing was strangely (kinda) perfect. Three years ago today we went on our most recent family vacation. Its hard to believe it's been three years. I tried to count back and it feels more like two. Time is just not slowing down. 

We were there for 5-7 days so we were able to do and see a lot of places. We first stopped at the Santa Monica pier.

After going to this next location I have to say its one of my all time favorites in LA. I don't know what it was, but I absolutely love it. The outside looks amazing, the inside is so coo! They have a Tesla coil! I know! If you weren't interested before now you are. The have tours, a video, and all sorts of displays from the planets, stars, elements, the moon and more.There are also telescopes you an actually look through on the roof!

The drive up is is windy, but I imagine it's a great exercise. I'd take Capone and Elliot up there if they were with us. We came up one one side and came down the other. There people exercising, sight seeing and playing. The houses below are older but have so much class. How nice would it to live near such a great land mark?!

We originally came for Futsal. Our good friend Celso was playing with an older group or "Los Veteranos" (the veterans). I don't remember their age category but the were all at least in their late thirties. They were competing in the National Futsal Championship and they won firstplace at  the Long Beach Convention Center for the Arts.

Before we moved to Utah my mom and I lived in Long Beach. My mom absolutely love it. I think it's a nice calm place with plenty to do. We took full advantage and made a trip to the beach.  


The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is also one of my favorites. We had been there about five years earlier. It was later in the evening when we went so it was much less crowded. I brave enough to touch a sting ray and a leopard shark. 

Okay, I bombarded you with tons if pictures. I have one last one. It's a favorite because it has Jonny and Sisa. I never knew there was an Egyptian theater too! It was strangely abandoned, compared to the famous Chinese theater down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment!